.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Catherine
Thursday, February 09, 2006
 
Mummy is a toddler
Mummy was a bit of a toddler today. I've been two whole days at the Children's Centre, doing brave things like visiting the Kindie room (something called "transition"). Now that I have a day to rest up and snuggle at home, Mummy makes a fuss when I ask for a bot-bot. OK, so I asked for a fourth bot-bot by mid-afternoon, but who's counting (I guess Mummy clearly is - Herumph!). What's the big deal anyway? Daddy was not an acceptable substitute. If Daddy tried to look after me, that made me realize that Mummy WASN'T. Where's Mummy?! One time, I was leaning on the outside of the toilet door while Mummy went to the toilet without me (how could she? She'd escaped without me noticing!). Daddy was pleading with me to come away. Next thing I knew, I fell onto the floor. Mummy had opened the door on which I was leaning! Towards the end of the day I felt a bit happier. These days, at bedtime, I let Daddy read to me for about 10 seconds before wipping the book away and reading it myself. I occasionally ask Daddy to read a word that I point to just so I can get this reading thing right. But mostly I just ad lib by looking at the pictures. More Children's Centre tomorrow - sigh!
Comments:
Hej Kid!
I thought being a toddler was good! Isn't it?
Anyway, it was a fourth bottle. You were in a rotten mood (yes, you were, and I know better, I'm the Mummy!), not only because you were tired, but also because you didn't eat anything. And why should you if your tummy was full of bot-bot?
May I point out that your mood improved after you ate a decent dinner?
Anyway, I also feel undercuddled on Thursdays.
And you were very brave in the Kindie room.
Mummy
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger