.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Catherine
Friday, March 31, 2006
 
The importance of being little
I don't want to be a Big Girl. I am a Little Girl. I miss my childhood. They took away my cosy toddler room. And Ann. And all the other ladies that I knew. Big room has lots of toys. But it's not cosy. Lots of really big kids. Running around. Nobody to cuddle me or listen to my stories. Hard to find somebody to play with me. Snif! I will not lose any more little things. So: a) I will keep my nappies. Will NOT learn how to use the toilet b) I will NOT give up a bot-bot before sleep c) Dummies are here to STAY All of this is very important. Until the time when my world becomes cosy once more. I've been hearing noises against my dummies and bot-bot and had some pressure to use the toilet. To those I say No. I miss my babyhood. I cried over my baby photos the other day. And baby lullabies. The only precious thing they are not planning to take away is my blankie. I warn you, adults. You take away my dummies and I'll suck my thumb!! Catherine
Comments:
Hej, tylko wyprobowuje czy sie da tu pisac... pewnie pomyslisz ze jestem zapozniona ale chyba jeszcze nigdy nie napisalam komentarza w blogu. Dziala?
A swoja droga, to blog Kasi jest swietny. Nic dziwnego ze zabiera Ci to duzo czasu, czy tez ze masz ochote siedzeic przy tym godzinami...
Love, P
 
Kasia,
Firstly, you will ALWAYS be my little girl.

Second, NO-ONE will take these away from you. Promise! One day you will grow out of them, but that's up to you. And until you do, enjoy.
Love,
Daddy
 
Oh Catherine, you poor baby. My daughter went through the same thing, and she had her dummy for many years, saving grace I am sure. When she was six, she found a dummy in the bottom of her toybox, and she was in rapture! Very cute, just like you.

Izabela, you write very well, you make me laugh alot, and nod and say yep, I've been there, I've seen that.

xxx Claudia
 
You are a wise little girl. It is hard to grow up and okay to want to hold onto some remains of your babyhood. I'm almost 40 and still sometimes long for some babyhood in my life!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger