.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
Catherine
Tuesday, August 01, 2006
 
from the management
Hi Sweetie, Mummy here. I have been updating your blog less and less often. It just stopped feeling right. You have your own voice and your own opinions, and don't need anyone to say things for you. You are now 3 years and 4 months. You can hold your end of a conversation, even on a phone. On our last car trip we talked for about half an hour about the things we like. And don't like. You can spread your own butter and vegemite. Bake a mean cake. And know exactly what you want to eat. You have recently designed your first patchwork: you asked for and chose the fabrics and asked me to help you make a top out of them. We took one of your tops, you put the fabrics down and I stitched around them. They worked out very well. So now you have a purple top, just like Jeff from Wiggles, and a tickled-pink mummy. You are getting a kiddie sowing machine for your fourth birthday, munchkin. You will probably ignore it with a superior snif, but I couldn't resist it when I saw it for $18 today. It sits on top of the wardrobe now, waiting. You go to the toilet like a pro and all your accidents are small ones (thank goodness). Well, let's not go into that. You are now letting me disappear for a evening, although I can see that it bothers you. But thank you for the outings, sweetheart. I am learning to draw and you have asked me to draw you during one of my classes. They are not quite this kind of classes, but I did a few drawings of you in my sketchbook, so that you can see yourself. You have suddenly became much taller and your shoulders now stick above the kitchen counter. Sorry for telling you that you can't hit your head now. You bent over and gave yourself a big whack on the way up. Ahem. I didn't put your inventiveness into the equation. You have adopted Dziadzio's Garfield in place of your own kittie, who was irretrievably lost in the Science Centre. He was supposed to come for a visit only, but he clearly filled a big gaping hole, and you found it too hard to give him back. Fortunately, we did a little Christmas in July celebration and you seized the opportunity to assign him to yourself as a prezzie. We were very impressed with your style. Anyway, sweetie, it just doesn't seem right to write in your name any more. So this is the end of this blog as we know it. I wonder how long it'll take you to start one on your own behalf. In the meantime, you have three jobs: 1. be healthy 2. listen to Mummy-Daddy 3. and have fun. Mummy
Comments:
Thank you for sharing your stories with us! We've enjoyed every one. All the best to you all : )
Suzette, Jasmine and Oskar
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

Powered by Blogger